Green Screen!!! :(

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Green Screen!!! :(

I'm trying to Skype with my Mom. She just got a new Acer Tablet and she can see me and she can see herself, but I only see a green screen for her! Someone please help us! I think it might be her device, but any tips would be very helpful!

Thanks! Alanna

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Please update to the latest Skype 2.9 for Android which should fix the green video for most users with the latest firmware: http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Skype-2-9-Improved-Bluetooth-support/td-p/1008550

View solution in original post
aabader11
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 19 (19,336 Views)

Re: Green Screen!!! :(

Just chiming in to say i have the same exact problem. Just got a Asus Traansformer Prime and it seems to only transmit a green screen. I can see myself on the tablet and switch cameras.

I confirmed it was the tablet and tried it with various devices (iPad, Macbook, Windows PC). The three devices could video skype with each other but only got the green screen with the Asus Tablet app.
Posted from Motorola Xoom
0 Kudos
jharuska
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 19 (19,138 Views)

This seems to be a problem for many of us. I purchased 4 acer iconias for christmas. It seems to be doing this on all of them. I got one to work then it stopped working. Im not sure whats going on but it cant be all the tablets. im thinking somethings wrong with skype especially since i had one working but t didnt last. i did all system updates like others suggested but it didnt help me, any other ideas?

0 Kudos
snts4751
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 19 (19,131 Views)

also i wanted to add that the one that is working has not done an update yet....it seems maybe the updates have a bug in them?? not sure if its coincidence though

0 Kudos
snts4751
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 19 (19,129 Views)

I have he same problem using my Android tablet but mine is a Toshiba Thrive.  I also can't fine the tools menu that I have on my Win 7 laptop, which works just great by the way.  It must have something to do with Android and Skype.  Hope someone figures it out soon.

0 Kudos
Frankjm5201
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 19 (19,125 Views)

ok i fixed it!!!!!!! yay!!! i did a system update and thought when that didnt work i was just out of luck. however a few seconds later i checked again and another system update was there. so keep updating system updates until you see no more available then a really long update finally fixed it and now i have no more available updates left and skype works fine

snts4751
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 19 (19,124 Views)

im with ya, updating now on my acer iconiato see what happens
0 Kudos
papo522
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 19 (19,090 Views)

by system update did you mean a Skype update? 

we are having the same problem with our Toshiba Thrive.

moragcatania
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 19 (19,028 Views)

have you received any more info on this issue. i also have a new thrive and a green screen problem

0 Kudos
pocchef
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (18,871 Views)

[ Edited ]

Good that it worked for you, but didn't work for me. I did all the updates I was prompted to and still have the green screen Actually, my tablet sends a green screen to the other Skype user, but I can see myself fine. I've changed from front camera to back and the other user is still seeing all green. I tried 2 different users and they both saw nothing but green. Definitely the problem is the video sent by the tablet.

Acer Iconia A500 running 4.040.13_COM_GEN2

Android 3.1

Skype 2.6.0.95

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is un update of my previous post. The user who said that you need to go through all the updates was right. My tablet kept dowloading update after update for the first week to 10 days and after the very last update, the green screen was gone. It got to a point in which I thought that I had gone through the latest update, but again there was one more availbale. 1/25/12

The1Metallian
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 19 (18,658 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling