Green Screen on when using Skype App Acer Iconia A...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Green Screen on when using Skype App Acer Iconia A500

I just  bought an Acert Iconia A500 Tablet and downloaded the Skype app from Acer's App Marketplace.  When I skype with my son on his laptop, I can see him on the tablet, but on his laptop, he only got a green screen.  I know the camera on my tablet is working because I can see myself on the tablet's screen.  I also can see video of my son on his laptop, ON THE TABLET.  The sound is also working.  The only problem is that my son cannot see me on his laptop.  He only sees a green screen.  We thought it might be his laptop, so I took my laptop and skyped him and both laptops worked perfectly;  therefore, it must be the Skype app on the tablet.

I checked the video setting on the Skype app on the tablet and it is turned on.

Can I get some help?

0 Kudos
alanlee64
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (6,970 Views)

Re: Green Screen on when using Skype App Acer Iconia A500

Oh wow, this is EXACTLY what is happening with my Mom and I! She also just got an Acer Tablet! I JUST posted a thread about this a minute ago lol...have you found an answer yet?

0 Kudos
aabader11
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 12 (6,909 Views)

Same thing with Toshiba thrive. Worked just fine until I did an update on December 13th. Now I can see my image on tablet so I know that my camera is working just fine but person on other end of call see only green screen. So frustrating. Wish I had never updated. Can someone please help us
Posted from Motorola Xoom
0 Kudos
carrielango
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 22
Message 3 of 12 (6,896 Views)

Ditto.   Acer iconia A500 transmits a green screen to the laptop.  :sad:

0 Kudos
jaosma
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 12 (6,867 Views)

Hey Guys,

I have had the same problem as you but have upgraded to system firmware to Android 3.2 Kernel Version 2.6.36.3+ and all seems to be working now.

Go to settings, choose about tablet, sytem upgrade and check for updates.:bigsmile:

0 Kudos
bailiwickit
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 12 (6,858 Views)

or as an alternate, you can install the version that was working untill the last app update. for me, version 2.5.0.108 had been working.

uninstall app from market.

find, download and install version above. i found today at

http://apknew.com/skype-2-5-0-108-apk.html

good luck!

0 Kudos
chriskang701
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (6,721 Views)

Oh wow again, this is EXACTLY what is happening with us! We also just got an Acer Tablet and I am updating the firmware right now and I let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Milkmomster
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 12 (6,690 Views)

It is fixed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
0 Kudos
Milkmomster
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 12 (6,684 Views)

Ok I just tried what I read on other forums and uninstalling the newest vers., and going back to vers. 2.5.0.160 finally solved the problem, now I can send and receive video again, no more green screen.

0 Kudos
LizStir
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 9 of 12 (6,061 Views)

i went to this website but i couldnt find out how to download it . it was basically a website with jus the information about it ! heeellllllppp mmmmmeeee!!!:sad:(((((((

0 Kudos
renee6741
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 12 (5,365 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling