Frequently asked Android questions + Answers

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Frequently asked Android questions + Answers

[ Edited ]
Last reviewed for actuality: March 25th 2014

If you can't find and answer to your question here don't forget to use the "Search" searchbox on top of the Android board.

1) How do I sign out of Skype 4.0 for Android on my phone?

To sign out of Skype 4.0 on your Android phone:

1. Tap the menu icon or press the menu button on your phone.
  2. Tap "Sign out".

Learn more about navigating Skype 4.0 in this blog article.

2) Audio quality degrades when holding headset close to ear

Several solutions: 

1. Leave the call screen, we ONLY enable the proximity sensor on the call screen.
  2. Use 3G for audio calling (this issue only applies to Wifi)
  3. Plug in a headset
  4. Upgrade to Android 2.3 or later

3) "Insufficient available space" during installation

This is actually a bug in Android itself due to not all files being removed after uninstalling. Try restarting your device, e.g. switch off and on again. Afterwards retry installation from Android Market.

If that did not help try resetting your device to factory settings.

4) Is it true I can enable videocalling even if my device isn't certified? 

Yes, while you can enable Skype video calling on most Android phones, it is possible that the video quality may not be as good on non-certified phones. More information in our support FAQ

5) When will the next update be released? 

It's Skype policy not to announce any release dates in advance. Updates will be released "when it's done", e.g. as soon as they have finished development and passed quality assurance.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13549
Message 1 of 1 (568,498 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling