Does SAMSUNG GALAXY Y Support Video Call for SKYPE...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Does SAMSUNG GALAXY Y Support Video Call for SKYPE?

Hi Guys,

i just want to know if SAMSUNG GALAXY Y support Video call on skype? please help me on this. thanks.

kartik_p
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Android marketplace( Google Play) shows Skype video calling suported for Samsung Galaxy Y: Android-2.3.6( Gingerbread). But actually it only supports voice calls. The reason is that Galaxy Y doesn't have front camera and 832MHz processor( comparatively low speed). But I must say voice call quality and experience is nice. I am sharing details about voice calls based on my Skype voice call experience with 2G network. 

View solution in original post
Myke
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 10 (90,541 Views)

Re: Does SAMSUNG GALAXY Y Support Video Call for SKYPE?

It's not officially tested and supported but it *may* work. Judging from the technical specifications of the phone it has too little processing power for videocalling. So if it works the quality and performance will be low.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14209
Message 2 of 10 (90,342 Views)

i wanted to know if samsung galaxy y supports skype video calling.and if yes.please tell me how it has to be done??? plz reply asap

khaz071
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 3 of 10 (89,988 Views)

no

see khaz071 question
0 Kudos
yousef8824
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 425
Message 4 of 10 (89,967 Views)

it does work but video quality is at little low end side

ahmeriaz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 10 (89,925 Views)

how video calling is work on ssung galaxy Y
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
Arsalan88
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 6 of 10 (89,917 Views)

plz tell me about this how is it workz on samsumg galaxy Young
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
Arsalan88
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 7 of 10 (89,916 Views)

Android marketplace( Google Play) shows Skype video calling suported for Samsung Galaxy Y: Android-2.3.6( Gingerbread). But actually it only supports voice calls. The reason is that Galaxy Y doesn't have front camera and 832MHz processor( comparatively low speed). But I must say voice call quality and experience is nice. I am sharing details about voice calls based on my Skype voice call experience with 2G network. 

Kartik
Developer | Technology Evangelist
kperisetla.blogspot.com | http://kartikp.wordpress.com| http://www.facebook.com/kartik.peri
kartik_p
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 8 of 10 (89,410 Views)

skype video calling not supported on galaxy y. but tango video calling app works greatly on galaxy y. you can make video calls by rear camera..

hussey
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 9 of 10 (86,948 Views)

Thanks Hussey,
Tango works real well. Now I can use my Samsung Galaxy Y Duos to make a video call. This phone has a front camera.
Regards,
Yash
ysmahal
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 10 of 10 (80,457 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling