Default dialer or skype for making a call HTC Desi...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Default dialer or skype for making a call HTC Desire

Skype took over my phone and I am not given the option to use my mobile provider, Skype is default every time; although I had set up the option to "ask every time".

I force stopped Skype, but when I made a new call, Skype rebooted, so only way to solve the problem is to uninstall Skype from my phone. 

And this does not really "solve" the problem because it was not my intention to throw the baby out with the bath water, but Skype gives me no other choice.

Using Sam GSIII / Android 4.04

0 Kudos
PennyWL
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 14 (2,841 Views)

Yes Skype took over my phone too. Can't find this post 138830 you are referring to.

0 Kudos
PennyWL
Casual Adventurer
Message 12 of 14 (2,839 Views)

OK the problem is fixed. Two ways to fix it: Uninstall and reinstall Skype and on first call phone menu will ask which one to set as default (Unfortunately there is not a 3rd option to make neither one default. Every time you want to make a call it will ask which one to set as default every single time if you have left it unchecked which is what I have done here; this is an annoyance which may be a fault with Android.)

The other method is to go into App manager and then to Skype and scroll down the settings and clear the default setting, but you will still face the annoyance mentioned above. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
PennyWL
Casual Adventurer
Message 13 of 14 (2,836 Views)

Great advice, thanks! It worked for me!
0 Kudos
johanna_g
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 14 of 14 (2,732 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling