[Crackling/static noise video calls and voice call...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

[Crackling/static noise video calls and voice calls Samsung Galaxy Nexus]

Hi Skype Support Network,

When I make video calls and phone calls with Skype there is a crackling/static noise on the line, which is very annoying/distracting.

• This crackling/static noise comes and goes, there is no clear pattern to it.
  • The other side of the conversation does not hear the crackling/static noise, it's only on my side.
  • This crackling/static noise is present on the headphone, ear speaker, and general speaker on the phone.
  • When making regular cellular phone calls or when using Google Voice this crackling/static noise is not present.

Anybody else experiencing a similar issue with the sound of Skype?

Any idea what might cause this crackling/static noise and what might be done about it?

Thanks.

Victor

Phone specs: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (JOP40C) with stock Android 4.2 & WiFi (home/office network) & Net10/ATT, Skype v3.0.0.6181

VictorKerberos
Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (6,652 Views)

Re: [Crackling/static noise video calls and voice calls Samsung Galaxy Nexus]

I'm having the same problem and I see no one has answered you yet.   Sometimes it sounds like water or a little mouse nawing too.   Is this the same for you?

0 Kudos
Spectacled
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 6 (6,557 Views)

Seems to be a problem with recent version of Skype.  I fixed via the following.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Continuous-Static-Noise-during-Voice-Calls/m-p/1306872#M21712

0 Kudos
kenpachi2009
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 6 (6,498 Views)

I have basically the same problem but it quiets down everytime someone talks or makes a noise besides myself, It starts getting lowder and lowder when they do not talk but this static noise is very obnoxious.

0 Kudos
Nixinium
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (6,414 Views)

My friend has this problem too with his Droid.  He discovered that if he initiates the call, he doesn't get the static.  If he is called or added to a call, then the static comes back.  So try being the one who starts the call.  Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
Sharaye
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (6,080 Views)

I have the same problem and is really very annoying. I even downloaded Skype to my ipad and it does the same thing. It can go for 30 - 40 seconds and then the static hits in for a minute or so and then clear again and then the static again.We have had a lot of rain recently and was wondering if water could be the problem. Can anyone help ???

0 Kudos
madampres
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (6,051 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling