Certified Android mobile phones

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Certified Android mobile phones

Ok, im not a techy and I'm over 50..so you can see my problem.

I'm trying to find an answer to something that keeps on appearing everywhere I look, but never has an answer..can anyone help?

The question is this. If I am buying an Android phone with the specific intention of using itb to make Skype enabled video calls, which mobile phones are 'Certified'.

Everywhere I look it says providing the phone is an Android with OS version 2.2 ( for backfacing camera only ) or OS version 2.3 with forwarding facing and backward facing camers ( how would you make a video call without a forward camera I ponder?) I should be ok, although there might be problems if the mobile is not on the 'certified list'...but can i find a copy of this certified list anywhere? No!

I'm in the UK and use 3 mobile as my provider.

Any help anyone?????

0 Kudos
robingallie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (1,194 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling