Re: 7" Nextbook Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) T...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

7" Nextbook Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Tablet

This tablet ~ 7" Nextbook Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) ~  has a front and back camera is it good enough to download and use Skype on?

sherrykniffin
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 7 (4,871 Views)

Re: 7" Nextbook Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Tablet

I've been asking this same question for a while now. I figured it would, I don't see why it couldn't. I just got mine today of 6/27 and I will be trying with hopes that it will let me. That was one of the reason I got mine. I hope you and me get this answer and if I discover then I will share my information with you.

0 Kudos
Meghan
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 7 (4,400 Views)

did Skype work on the 7" Nextbook Android 4.0 ???????????????

0 Kudos
juanito_k161
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 7 (4,266 Views)

Worked for me. Mic doesn't work though
0 Kudos
dappy9
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (3,041 Views)

Any info on letting the mic work. I also introduced Viber same thing mic doesnt work. I can hear other party on skype and viber but they cannot hear me
0 Kudos
benjamineda
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (2,996 Views)

Any info on this would be great - friend has nextbook 7, can hear me and video with me but I can not hear him - I am on iphone skype and he is on nextbook 7 skype. Both using headsets with separate microphones... though not sure his nextbook supports the microphone on his headset.

0 Kudos
wndy26
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (1,494 Views)

Hi Wndy26,

I had a problem similar to yours with Skype 4.5.  Reverting to this more reliable older Skype 4.0.0.22082 version, resolved the problem for many of us with smart-phones.  Others, usually with tablets, reported that Skype 3.2.0.6673, better suited their needs.  If you have a smart-phone, tap the link of the former Skype, or the latter if you have a tablet.  If your first choice does not meet your needs, the other would be worth trying. 

Before tapping the downloaded apk file to install the selected Skype, uninstall the current Skype, disable the Play Store “Auto-update apps” option, and enable the Android Settings (from) “Unknown sources” option.  Once installed, disable the “Unknown sources” option.  Be sure to try any future Skype release, indicated by a change of release date on the Google Play Store Skype “UPDATE” page.  If the new Skype is unsatisfactory, revert to the older Skype using the saved apk file. 

You can choose an even earlier Skype version if you feel that this would be beneficial.  To date. I have not experienced any security problems with any of the above web links.  Please be sure to post another reply to let me know how you go with the installation.  I should be able to help you if you encounter difficulties. 

If you have not already done so, you should create a good Android issue report here to help Skype improve future versions.  I am sure that a Private Message to Claudius, letting him know where your report is, would be a nice surprise, and really make his day :happy: 

Regards, BGW.514

0 Kudos
BGW.514
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 131
Message 7 of 7 (1,491 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling