2.5 update - More videocalling + Bluetooth support

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

2.5 update - More videocalling + Bluetooth support

[ Edited ]

We are happy to announce the availability of the new 2.5 update to our Skype for Android app. This update adds videocalling support for several new devices (especially a wide range of Android tablet devices. We heard you there!) and improves the bluetooth support. Besides we also did several improvements all around the app: 

• Rotation (portrait orientation) and zoom during video calls
  • In-app advertising for free users (not enabled on some smaller screen sizes)
  • Improved Bluetooth audio support 
  • New emoticon set 
  • Revised ‘Recent’ view, in line with desktop clients 
  • Global search removed, to prevent app restarting on close
  • Ability to edit/remove chat messages 
  • Ability to join an existing group call

So please head over to the Android Market (or scan the QR code) on your device and get your Skype upgrade. Again we are looking forward to your feedback on this release. Did you try video calling on your device already? Does your Bluetooth device work with Skype?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12904
Message 1 of 112 (6,915 Views)

Re: 2.5 update - More videocalling + Bluetooth support

I updated the Skype software to the latest version 2.5.0.108 on my HTC EVO 4G phone.

The only issue I have is how do I get the bluetooth headset to work for making Skype calls?

Thank you

Earl R Chance 

echance20
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 112 (6,689 Views)

Do you now support LG G2X also? i.e Do you now support NVIDIA TEGRA DUAL CORE processors?

adkathuria
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 112 (6,650 Views)

no love for the Motorola Droid X yet?  me cries.

plgambon
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 112 (6,647 Views)

So while you updated Skype, Finally, to allow my Iconia to use video calling, you updated it for HC 3.1, rather than HC 3.2? Which most users are getting to with Acer starting to push OTA in the US, and already has in many other countries. What's the deal?

0 Kudos
Zeroalphawolf
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 112 (6,609 Views)

Video calls work fine on Xoom. And yes Tegra 2 devices are now supported. 

I have seen one bug : all Skype is stuck in landscape after a video call. If I want to put it back in portrait view. I have to force close Skype and restart it. 

0 Kudos
Moujik
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 112 (6,564 Views)

FYI : My Xoom is in 3.2.1.And it still works.
0 Kudos
Moujik
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 112 (6,561 Views)

it's now 3 months after the skype 2.0 release that introduced a lot of issues for people, and not a single bug/usability issue has been addressed (other than video-related ones). yet this forum is filled with over 4000 posts, the vast majority of which are from people complaining about the same 10-15 things that skype refuses to even acknowledge.

blogs.skype.com/garage/2011/09/skype_25_for_android_enhanced_release_notes.html

pathetic.

there are plenty of decent skype alternatives out there. i am done waiting for you to make a usable, bug-free client and moving on, along with the majority of my friends.

0 Kudos
rossen
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Message 8 of 112 (6,538 Views)

It says it supports Lg Optimus 2x, but i tried it and it was stuck first and after i restart the video options are gone......not even in settings....???

what happened....if crashes you disable video forever or?

and where's the supported bluetooth phones list???

0 Kudos
ibraheempindi
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 9 of 112 (6,464 Views)

Did your try enabling videocalling via the app's settings on the Droid X?

Zeroalphawolf: Are you saying Skype isnt working on the 3.2-updated Iconia?

ibraheempindi: I think there is no list of tested bluetooh devices. Just give your's a try and share your experience here.

rossen: we are constantly working on fixing bugs that affect our users. What's bugging you most right now?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12904
Message 10 of 112 (6,445 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling