No option to add contacts Windows 8 catastrophe

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

No option to add contacts Windows 8 catastrophe

Can anyone help me please? I bought a new laptop yesterday, it has windows 8. Now aside from windows 8 being the worst sotware I've ever been unfortunate to be subjected to, when I downloaded the Skype app, there is no box, no drop down list, nothing, seemingly ANYWHERE, to click and "add contact" or "add email address" - the only thing I can do is type in a phone number, which I don't want to do. All I want to do is add other people who have skype so I can make computer to computer calls.

Having searched many many many times on google for a solution, it seems I'm the only one on earth who has this issue. Can someone please help? It's the most infuriating situation I think I've ever encountered on a computer.

cowboi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 15
Message 1 of 48 (37,858 Views)

Re: No option to add contacts Windows 8 catastrophe

AnuSrini
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 48 (37,807 Views)

too true!
braya199
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 48 (37,249 Views)

I too, feel your pain with Windows 8. I also am so frustrated trying to figure out how to add contact. The post that sent you to the Skype "help" area is a waste of (my) time. Did you EVER get it figured out? Because my search is the same as yours. I cannot get it to recognize anything and I seemingly don't get the same "look" as indicated in the solution/faq area. ACK!
joedodger
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 4 of 48 (36,485 Views)

i know how to u have to right-click on the upper right-hand corner with the blue background in the circle with a person in it and two things will come; one on the bottom and one on the top. on the bottom there will be two choices and one of them will be add contact

howto
Tourist
Kudos: 15
Message 5 of 48 (36,142 Views)

When I'm typing the search, it searches the computer (not skype users), then shows "No results found."

This is a mess.

Matteo90013
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 48 (35,753 Views)

Thank you!!!!!!  That worked perfectly!!!!

Lindy24
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 48 (34,082 Views)

1. Start Skype Application.

2. Right-click anywhere on the screen or, if you have a touch screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, to bring up the options bar. Tap or click add contact on the right of the options bar.

For Further Information, Visit: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12107/adding-contacts-windows-8

I was also having the same problem but now its over :wink:

XenBaloch
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 8 of 48 (33,845 Views)

thanks a bunch! that worked perfectly for me.. this win 8 is pure **bleep**e! cheers.
lynxff
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 48 (33,747 Views)

This actually does work. I didn't have the person's correct Skype name.

Matteo90013
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 48 (33,727 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling