Find Skype members

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Find Skype members

Can anyone make it more harder and complicate a simple member search on Skype...?

Mickhael1117
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 17
Message 1 of 24 (57,158 Views)

Re: Find Skype members

Hi,

What steps are you having problems with?
Henrik
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 2 of 24 (57,147 Views)

You are right. I have the same problem. I can't understand that Skype company can be so stupid. Who run it? In old versions that was so easy to do, now is imposible. I spent all helps to find it, all advices from Google, but nothing helps. They should be shame of this. They have 50 un neccesary things but simple "search members" by country is no where to find.  

dujego1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 3 of 24 (57,102 Views)

Dear Michael,

I'm a Skype dummy:

Did anyone actually answer your question?  I have the same question--How can I find out what people/names are members of Regular, free Skype?  Did "Henriik" answer your question? How can I reach Henriik?

Thank you very much!

chanie k.

imaskypedummy
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 4 of 24 (56,974 Views)

I recall in older editions there was an added search box in the "add contacts" pop up window that asked for a city and country and as I recall was quite effective in finding other skyper's nearby.

I join with those of you who have posted here in scratching my backside over WHY on earth such a simple feature (ALREADY ESTABLISHED IN THE CODE) would be eliminated.

If anyone finds a solution, I'll join the rank and file waiting to hear it.

BenTraveler
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 5 of 24 (56,846 Views)

Any 1 contcat me.
Posted from Opera Mini 2
Tiyalove2
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 24 (56,304 Views)

Go into Contacts, Add Contact, type the name into the Full Name box and it should search instantly.
afarris2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 24 (55,662 Views)

Hi there,

I regret Skype did not tell us that the skypefinder was deleted. If I knew that I never had updated.

And I also wonder how ignorant it was from Skype to remove this feature. It was so easy to find skype-users in your town before.

Let's hope they will integrate this feature again soon.

Joe :mad:

Mickhael1117 wrote:

Can anyone make it more harder and complicate a simple member search on Skype...?

fjlink
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 8 of 24 (55,102 Views)

Yes right, There was a method that I could search the other members in the old version of skype, but I can't do that now. Meanwhile some other members are coming to me wanting me to add them as friends. I feele this very strange. I don't lmow why I can't only look for or search other members by myself

edwood_seo
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 24 (55,023 Views)

I don't want to disturb people. But I have moved to another country and it was nice to see the Skype contacts in this town. So I was able to contact companies I needed for the move for example.

Why would it be so complicated to allow everybody to decide somewhere if you want to be found or not this way? It his internet now or stone age?

But it is boaring just to find only people whom you know already.

fjlink
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 10 of 24 (55,015 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling